A comprehensive review of the Clinical Governance Framework Template has been completed in using the guidance, resources, toolkits and other references provided by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
The Clinical Governance Framework Template provides:
• Guidance for the key steps for the development and implementation of the framework
• A glossary of clinical governance terms
• An introductory section for the commitment to ensuring safe, quality care for the clinical risks identified for your consumers
• A description of the core elements (see opposite diagram) for effective clinical governance
• A description of the accountabilities and responsibilities for the following key roles:
• Governing body
• Senior executives
• Operational managers
• The workforce
• Health practitioners
• A section for including your formal meeting structure that supports effective clinical governance
• A section for demonstrating commitment to ensuring clinical quality and safety for consumers for the below clinical practice areas (the key actions are aligned to the core elements of clinical governance and are described in attachments 1-4):
1. Assess, plan and deliver safe and effective clinical care
2. Antimicrobial stewardship
3. Minimising the use of restraint
4. Practicing open disclosure.
• An example of how the organisation conducts an annual review of the effectiveness of the implementation, measures of success and outcomes of the clinical governance arrangements
• A list of example relevant documents that support your clinical governance arrangements
• A Reference List.
Investment: $250 (ex. GST)